Sunday, March 26, 2006

JOb Duties

I forgot to say more about this part:
What am I doing there? Good question. I am the ‘customer service manager’ [that’s better than ‘butler’]

This week I was in charge of putting together a customer service power presentation to give to the office staff and the engineers- I did my google research and found some helpful tips, had about four people help me translate them, then tried to conveyed these very foreign ideas to a room of wide- eyed Chinese. That language is not the most effective or efficient- it would have been a challenge to convey the ideas in English, let alone a language that I barely speak. The man who was doing the other half of the presentation, Mr. Combover [his long hairs fall forward when he leans down to advance to the next slide, its really gross] tried to help me elaborate on my concepts but I still think the ideas were lost. Oh well I tried. And giving presentations in other languages are always interesting.

I also put together a survey that we will be giving to the businesses in our building- Xerox, Sony, among other major businesses. Besides that I am not really sure what else I am supposed to be doing. I think butting in on what people do on a daily basis and force them to explain to me what they are doing and see if I can make sense of it or think about how they could be doing it better. I’m hoping for the best. I’ll keep you posted on my ever evolving job duties…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home