Friday, November 10, 2006

Be a Foreigner's Landlord!



That is the current ad running on 97 lighted signs placed 6 feet apart on my road advertising for the now giant apartment buildings going up next to my house, the Cosmopolite. [I've decided its pronounced cos- MOP-o-lite] [koz-mop-uh-lahyt]
1. a person who is cosmopolitan in his or her ideas, life, etc.; citizen of the world.

One of the last vestiges of Communism: heat control. 5 days left until Uncle Hu turns on the heat. November 15 will be a celebratory day, because currently, my apartment is freezing. Like I sleep with a hat on. I may have said this all last year.

The Chinese seem to not yet be adjusted to escalators. Seems they've had them for a while, but still they are very attentive to getting on and off the escalator. This can slow things up. In the subways, there are signs that say "civilized passengers: please stand to the right, walk on the left."

But let’s talk about the Democrats. Congratulations, America, for pulling your h*** out of you’re a**. [my dad is going to yell at me for that one but I'll say it anyway] Except for you folks in Colorado, who,thank the Lord, have defined marriage as between one man and one woman. Great job, guys. I didn’t want to get married anyway. I also really enjoyed this photo of the Santorum family, above. I think I speak for everyone when I say, Rick, we’re really going to miss you. Thankfully priests who have sex with male prostitutes while stopping by to purchase their monthly methamphetamine dose will not be allowed to marry goats thanks to people like ol’ Rick. http://www.aboms.com/

In more personal news, China is good, my job is actually very good and getting interesting. I am trying to move Nokia to a new building, and trying to figure out what they want/ how they want it, etc and communicate that to the people who are building the building [who according to my boss are totally incompetent which is a tiny bit worrisome]. Also worrisome is that currently the building is a hole in the ground and Nokia is set to move in December 2007. Hooray for speedy construction in China.

Aside from that, I have been enjoying the fall weather biking, watching the leaves change, getting all my last minute biking in before I try to do it and loose toes to frostbite.

Do people in America sign emails abbreviating ‘Best regards’? How could they be your best regards if you can’t even take the time to write them out?

brs,
Claire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home